Please note that this is an internal-only position and limits candidates to current regular IBMers of the same employing entity / company as the posted position.
As an IBM Front-End Developer, you will have to make sure that the company software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration.
Work closely with the scrum master and peer engineers to plan, execute and review day by day tasks and challenges
Translate designs and style guides provided by the design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
Ensure and create design and user experience quality throughout the development process to launch
Build software applications - follow coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
- Good experience with MVC framework
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis
- Experience in Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Experience of ergonomics, user experience and accessibility
- Proven experience in web technology (referencing, performance)
- Experience with Angular, React and other js libraries (ie jquery etc.)
- Knowledge of cross-browsers compatibility issues
- Knowledge of Node.js, related tooling
- Excellent interpersonal communications and technical writing skills.
- Have organizational, problem solving, and time management abilities
- Be fluent in English
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Proficiency in Axure, Photoshop, Sketch, or other design/wireframing tools
- Experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or a similar role designing mobile or web applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to the Job Description.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- OLAP, SQL knowledge
- 1-2 years of hands on experience with Java OO concepts, in a commercial environment
- Understanding of "session management" in a distributed server environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top