The Financial Controller role is a focal point for coordination and consolidation activities for the Strategic and Execution plan cycles and/or Forecast and Assessments. The role has a broad scope and includes responsibility for developing strategic business models, identifying risks and dependencies and developing meaningful business unit targets and business metrics. Employees in this role work across business units and with senior leadership in Finance, providing guidance to other professionals and business recommendations to executives.
The Financial Coordinator is a key player in decision-making activities. Employee in this role is expected to work with minimal management supervision, and oversee all tax, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions and relationships with shared services
- Oversee the operations of Accounting center
- Oversee the accounting operations of NAF subsidiaries, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payables are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Oversee payroll and HR processes
- Oversee cash management in collaboration with cash management center
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete local financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual assemblies of all subsidiaries in the region
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating KPIs
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide a system of management of costs and expenses
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders
- Coordinate external audits and tax audits
- Comply with local legal requirements and tax filings
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation related to finance.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- A prior experience with Internal audit in a multinational environment would be a plus.
- A previous experience within a Big 4 would be highly appreciated.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top