The analyst role is responsible for the analysis of the IBM forecast, budget, actuals, and business dynamics. The analyst is responsible for interacting with the business units and geographies on the forecast, actuals, budget and business metrics. The analyst is responsible for the development of forecast and budget variance analysis and provides business assessments on an on going basis. The analyst designs, prepares, and presents detailed analysis of business issues and recommended solutions to senior management.
- Perform financial forecasting , reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data - and create financial models for decision support
- Reporting on financial performance and preparation for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis; identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommending actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analysis; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identifying and driving process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel dashboards
- Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Market research, data mining, business intelligence
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company.
- Strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- A previous experience within the Big 4.
- A previous experience with F&P in a multinational environment.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top