The Business Analytics group at IBM Cloud, part of Finance, is responsible for understanding the profitability of the business and products, identifying capacity needs, creating key information and dashboards for the business, and identifying/quantifying new opportunities.
This role will provide ongoing support for key topics such as (but not limited to) analysis and forecasting of revenue of a new product, with its associated demand, capacity requirements, define associated capital and operating expense to generate business cases in key projects, provide facts to drive value-based decisions and support in finance reviews. Major focus in key areas:
- Business case preparation: creating estimates for revenues, costs and cash flows to support business decisions.
- Product profitability: developing synthesized scorecards from several sources of raw data to help in the day to day and strategic decisions.
- Capital requirements: forecasting capital demands and tracking of usage.
- Management reporting: creating and managing key internal reports and dashboards used by Senior Management to make day to day and strategic decisions.
- Analytics: tackling detailed analytics to develop supporting data and drive value-based decisions.
- Capacity management: analyze and forecast demand trends to understand where and when capacity will be constrained and where new capacity may be required
Key aspects of the Financial Analyst role:
- Work with large data sets, analyze the data to understand the underlying business implications, engage in discussions on what the data means, summarize findings with an actionable approach
- Capacity to work independently and lead others
- Ability to analyze key business drivers, then translate the findings into insights and actions, and their implications in the overall business
- Understand and work with key financial metrics for value quantification (ROI, IRR, breakeven)
- Analyze monthly reports and identify areas of opportunity
- Desire to work on topics that touch various functions within the company
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting with a strong focus on analytics
- 1-4 years of experience in Finance, Technology, or Consulting
- Very strong financial modeling skills, analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, attention to detail
- Proven aptitude with various financial reporting and database management tools
- Ability to model and analyze complex data sets as well as financial statements
- Ability to investigate problems and develop/communicate solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage timelines concurrently to complete tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VBA)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- CFA preferred but not required
- Prior real estate experience a plus but not required
- Attention to detail
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top