Field Marketing Manager
IBM Data & AI is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Analytics, Data and AI Changing how we see the world and get insight. There is no better place to grow your career. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. Join us and be part of a diverse, global team of insightful and imaginative thinkers and doers.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our Digital Offering Team as a Field Marketing Manager to drive, plan and implement regional marketing programs targeting prospective customers, existing customers, partners and other influencers. This person will be the central point of contact for the sales organization on all marketing needs, balancing strategic thinking with tactical execution.
The position allows someone to be part of a fast growing, exciting company in the technology arena and is an opportunity to collaborate with, contribute to and learn from a global, highly talented and motivated team and help to identify, develop and implement regional marketing initiatives that drive sales performance and support pipeline and revenue targets.
Job Profile Summary
- Build, manage and execute a comprehensive Marketing plan that integrates regional requirements with corporate marketing initiatives.
- Develop and execute demand generation marketing programs - including seminars, webinars, trade shows, on-site customer briefings, customer references, telemarketing, integrated online campaigns, etc.
- Develop/re-purpose relevant marketing content as required. Briefing Sales prior to start to ensure follow-up of activities to generate the right results.
- Work with local sales teams and channel partners to identify, retain and maintain local customer references for marketing and PR opportunities. Help drive and coordinate the creation of customer case studies, news stories, press releases, event communications.
- Manage and implement demand creation and lead generation activities to develop qualified sales leads and create brand awareness as well as develop programs to accelerate existing pipeline.
- Forecast, measure and analyze impact of programs on sales cycles.
- Assist sales leadership in understanding, participating and obtaining buy-in for marketing programs.
- Build and maintain ongoing communications with the regional sales directors, field marketing peers and corporate headquarters.
This role is located in IBM offices in Littleton, MA and/or Chicago, IL.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of software/technology marketing experience
- Experience planning and executing events (tradeshows, conferences, and seminars)
- Experience marketing to corporate IT functions in Fortune 1000 enterprises and with one or more of the following industry verticals strongly desired: Cloud, Life Sciences, and/or Government
- Able to manage multiple workloads simultaneously with strong organizational skills and perform well under pressure
- Ability to understand, articulate and communicate complex technical concepts
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience planning and executing events (tradeshows, conferences, and seminars)
• Experience marketing to corporate IT functions in Fortune 1000 enterprises and with one or more of the following industry verticals strongly desired: Cloud, Life Sciences, and/or Government
• Able to manage multiple workloads simultaneously with strong organizational skills and perform well under pressure
• Ability to understand, articulate and communicate complex technical concepts
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top