Federal Tax Analyst
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and the workplace.
IBM is a leader in this worldwide transformation and just the place to further define and develop your career in Tax. Our dedicated teams of business professionals give our clients more than solutions - we ask, "what else is possible?"
As a member of our IBM Tax team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your expertise with a market leader, while exploring and connecting with virtually every part of IBM, in over 160 countries.
As a Federal Tax Analyst on the US Domestic income tax compliance team you will:
- Prepare and review of US Federal, State and Local Income Tax returns/extensions/estimated tax calculations for assigned subsidiaries.
- Respond to IRS and state auditor inquiries. These inquiries may be written, by telephone, or in person. Provide information in a timely manner to answer questions or verify information regarding filed tax returns.
- Prepare and review assigned Schedule M and state tax adjustments for US Federal and State Income Tax purposes. Calculate return to provision adjustments and prepare reconciliation of deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Analysis and determine application of relevant Income Tax laws while maintaining appropriate audit ready support.
- Provide support on legal and information document requests, and other ad-hoc projects, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal controls.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3 years experience in federal income tax return preparation.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Federal Income tax return preparation
- State income tax return preparation
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with some tax preparation software (Go Systems, Pro System FX, Onesource, Corptax)
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top