Federal GWAC Center Leader
Apple. Twitter. Box. These are just a few of the global partners working with IBM Global Business Services (GBS); enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. IBM GBS is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants who help clients envision their future as cognitive enterprises, all supported by the industry's most sophisticated talent model. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. This is your opportunity to join a company where you can make the world work better - we are IBMers, and that's what we do.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
At GBS Public Service, we have passion for our clients' mission and a drive for excellence. We help our clients solve their most complex problems and deliver on commitments to their clients. We strive for excellence at the intersection of technology and business. We have helped our clients to protect adults and children here at home, prevent billions of dollars of fraud, improve the lives of service members, safeguard the American citizen, improve the health and lives of children in the developing world, and achieve back office savings to enable mission readiness.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of the new business through the IBM Government-wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) Center. Responsibilities include: Pipeline development, opportunity identification, qualification, shaping, strategy and positioning activities and proposal development leading to the successful capture of multiple opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of successfully identifying, qualifying and closing enough opportunities to support the strategic growth of a $200M line of business. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in successfully pursuing GWAC/IDIQ Task Orders across multiple agencies. The candidate will be responsible for core market sustainment and new business growth, new business opportunity identification, qualification, competitive positioning and capture.
Specifically, you will:
- Responsible for strategic evaluation of potential business opportunities and task orders that come through the IBM GWAC Center.
- Based on analysis, develop a strategy to pursue task orders. Utilize Solutions Architects and Account Managers to develop response.
- Develop the growth plan, strategy and new business commitments for 2019
- Develop GWAC Center processes for timely evaluation and response to task orders.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with key decision makers. Remains active in industry networking events.
- Responsible for developing a near-term and long-term business Pipeline
- Interface with industry peers and evaluate / recommend teaming arrangements
- Identifies, cultivates, and establishes teaming agreements with key strategic partners based on analysis of market place
- Identifies potential innovative and emerging small businesses.
- Responsible for leading GWAC Center team with Operations Manager and Channel Manager as direct reports
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have solid knowledge of IT, software development and/or cybersecurity
- Must possess strategic thinking ability, creativity and systems thinking
- At least 15+ years related experience developing business in Government Contracting
- Must be highly motivated, goal-driven and results-oriented
- Must be self-disciplined, a self-starter, have a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience in business development activities associated with identification, qualification, full capture and bid activities, and the knowledge to transition new business into operations.
- Must be able to facilitate solutioning sessions with architects and senior staff.
- Experience in proposal pricing methodologies and strategies.
- Experience in contributing to winning proposal content.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology area is preferred (EE, IT, CS, math, physics)
- Master's degree is preferred and MBA highly desired
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top