Experienced Big Data & Analytics Architect
IBM is one of the world's largest providers of information technology solutions and business consultancy. Our vision is to bring a new level of ‚smart' to how the world works. A place where people, businesses, governments and systems are interconnected and work together. A place where billions of people will live and work better.
Driving innovation for our clients is the main mission of our consulting business unit IBM Global Business Services. With major transformation underway around Big Data & Analytics, we are looking for experienced architects to embrace this opportunity with us.
As experienced Big Data Architect you will be part of our European Big Data & Analytics consulting team where you will be responsible for providing technical thought leadership and solution expertise around emerging Big Data & Analytics technologies. This includes technology assessment, use case development, as well as solution outline and design (conceptual, logical & technical) for modern (big) data & analytics architectures.
We're looking for experienced technical professionals in the Big Data & Analytics space. You'll have strong track record across systems integration, information management, business analytics and architecture for innovative & modern big data & analytics solutions. You'll have more than 10 years of experience in working in a data warehouse & business intelligence environment and you'll be knowledgeable of traditional and emerging approaches to information management, big data and analytics.
Your key skills include:
- More than 5 years of hands-on experience with production-scale Hadoop architectures (incl. YARN, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase. Oozie, Spark)
- Thorough understanding of the capabilities of commercial Apache Hadoop distributions such as e.g. IBM, Hortonworks, Cloudera, or MapR and their integration options with traditional data warehousing and BI tools (such as e.g. Teradata, IBM DB2 / Netezza / DataStage / Cognos, Informatica, Ab Initio)
- Substantial expertise in Advanced Analytics technologies & solutions (incl. SPSS, SAS, R, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Several years experience in in-depth knowledge of the technology and vendor landscape for Big Data & Analytics- including the Hadoop Ecosystem, NoSQL approaches Advanced Analytics, Cognitive Computing and Cloud Data Management
- Several years experience in /as an architect in the data warehousing and BI space (incl. SQL / Data Modelling, Data Integration, Data Governance)
- Several years experience in / experience across systems integration, information management business analytics and architecture
- Several years experience in / experience of a data warehouse environment and knowledge of existing and emerging data integration approaches
- Several years experience in solution architecture - experience in traditional information management not limited to SAP BW / HANA
- Several years experience in data architecture - experience of designing and developing logical data models
- English and German: Fluent
IBM is market leader in the data & analytics space. We offer a dynamic, innovative and international environment which is fueled by projects with leading clients, unique capabilities such as IBM Research & Development and IBM Watson, and a growing ecosystem of partnerships such as those with Apple and Twitter. If you think you have the skill and the attitude to change the way that business is conducted - IBM is the place for you and will offer you numerous opportunities for growth across the company.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top