Experience Design Lead
IBM Talent Acquisition is undergoing a huge transformation and we are looking for an Experience Design Lead to join our Global Digital Experience Team at IBM Talent Acquisition.
You are recognized as a senior design super star with incredible design knowledge on successful projects and programs. You have worked in areas of marketing, UX/UI, service design, and instructional design.
We believe that amazing experience and storytelling defines and shapes the future of recruitment for candidates, hiring managers and recruiters. These stakeholders are at the center of everything we do and we diligently craft a work environment that inspires brilliant and thoughtful work.
As the creative lead, you will find areas in Talent Acquisition where we can improve the experience or act as a consultant to recommend changes to our tools, processes, and ways of working. Most importantly, you will be a hands-on design expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation.
Your design execution and aesthetic choices elevate the product you are designing. You enjoy solving the toughest design challenges together with the other recruiters, designers, developers, and researchers, but you can also take responsibility independently. You work well under pressure and are able to keep deadlines in a changing working environment. You are an advocate of agile and lean UX, quick lifecycles, and lots of iterations. Nobody will surprise you with the latest design trends, you knew them before everyone else found out.
Think of a startup company where you are the design lead to support the various pillars of marketing, product, training, and other engagements.
As an experience design lead, you will:
- Align all initiatives with Talent Acquisitions vision, strategic, and brand
- Manage a team of agile designers and act as the point-of-contact with client engagements. This includes writing Statement of Works (SOW) to ensure deliverables are within design scope and reusable.
- Ability to explain and sell design decisions to clients and stakeholders
- Consult with and crate clients on Talent Acquisition initiatives to ensure improved experience for candidates, hiring managers, and recruiters
- Consult on and create marketing deliverables and build marketing assets (e.g. infographics, client pitches, landing web apps that are mobile responsive, and video teaser).
- Consult on and create UX/UI efforts and lead UX/UI efforts where necessary such as drawing sitemaps, user journey maps, conduct usability testing, etc.
- Consult on and create instructional design and build the assets for those enablements (e.g. videoscribes, websites, graphics, reference guides).
- Facilitate and coach on design thinking methodologies: manage sponsor user programs, conduct user research & empathy mapping, create persona, design as-is scenarios & to-be Scenarios, etc.
When your colleagues in Talent Acquisitions ask, "How can we make this a better experience?" It does not matter if the initiatives a product or program, you are involved.
Here is your chance to inspire and encourage various innovative approaches to design to solve problems. Create innovation that balances the end-users needs while differentiating IBM Talent Acquisition in the industry.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years experience in experience design
- A track record of consistently great work and a portfolio to prove it
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over typography, interaction design, and usability
- Have a Human Centered Design approach in solving user needs with deep customer empathy
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field in Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors
- Previous experience interfacing with clients in consulting environment
- Composed in high-pressure situations with a "big-picture" perspective on how to handle those
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top