ETL Datastage Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Business Unit Introduction:
The CIO organization plays a key role in IBM's ability to turn vision to reality by making the environments simpler, more intuitive and more effective. Its work is all about enabling IBM's strategy by giving IBMers the modern tools they need to do their work, be responsive to its Clients, and to act with speed and agility.
Who you are :
As a ETL Developer you will apply your deep expertise in designing, development, code fix and testing the applications. Should be comfortable in an agile environment. You should have demonstrated development support skills and have the ability to take charge of distributed multi-geography, ad-hoc teams.
What you'll do :
As an Application developer for ETL applications you will be
- Involved in the Business Requirements gathering wherein the client's business process is studied in detail.
- Business Requirements is understood and analyzed by having frequent interaction with various user levels to understand their requirements.
- Involve in mapping of clients business requirements to the applications to come out with a clear cut picture of out of box functionalities, workarounds and customizations.
- Create Low level design documentation from the High level requirement from the business team.
- Create Unit test case
- Design and development of ETL processes using DataStage against variety data sources
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of ETL jobs
- Handling Technical issues, Involve in Code reviews, mentoring the team members.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of ETL jobs
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 10+ years of development experience in ETL DataStage 11.x
- Experience with translating interface requirements in design specifications for development
- 7+ years of experience in DB2/SQL or major relational DB platforms
- Individual Contributor with proven soft skills.
- Will pick up responsibility of doing both data enablement and development within the IBM infrastructure.
- Working knowledge in DML commands, complex SQL queries, data movement methods from various sources.
- You will be the key developer for new requirements and data base performance, stability and availability.
- Will work across several brand groups within IBM to understand the data requirements, where to source data along with design/enable/code/deliver against the business requirements
- Work closely with Cognos report writers to ensure they understand the data and can deliver the reports the business is looking for
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Skill on Agile methodology work-process
- Knowledge of Big data tools like Spark/ Scala/ Kafka/ Python etc.
- Exposure to engagements focused on Data and Advanced Business Analytics
- Able to work independently
- Willing to learn new technologies for driving the project
- Ability to communicate with both Technical team & internal Stakeholders
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top