ES-Client Technical Solutioners - Services Integration
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Client Technical Solutioners - Unix/Linux Technical Solutioner, you will
- Create and maintain strong, trusted client relationships at all levels within the client's business.
- Spend 20%-40% of your time interfacing directly with the client.
- Support the Technical Solutions Manager (TSM) by providing the solution design and cost development in a technology specialty.
- Provide leadership and initiative to deliver new and complex high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements.
- Incorporate in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business results.
- Utilize a combination of IBM standard and custom solutions and will develop complex, multiple year, custom solutions and associated cost cases, all with the goal to ensure consistent delivery of high quality services and/or solutions which meet client business and technical requirements and fulfill IBM's obligations.
- Be part of an engagement team, playing a key role, collaborating on innovative ideas using proven approaches to deliver a winning solution.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Apply Engagement Solution Process Knowledge - Provides experience in an IT services Solution environment
Develop Engagement Technical Solutions in the Linux/Unix area - Proving Customer facing technical selling experience, in the areas of complex Linux/Unix environments and solutions.
Demonstrate Knowledge of Client's Business and prove technical selling experience in Linux/Unix
Develop Engagement Technical Solution Cost Cases- including service solutions and transformational projects for Linux/Unix
Spanish and English fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Up to 10 years of overall work experience with at least 5 years in a services solution environment
Customer facing technical selling experience required
Strong Interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate across organisations and levels
Awareness of technical solution design and cost development methodologies.
Experience with leading and managing remote culturally diverse teams
In-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business results.
Prior experience in leading delivery team for large clients and driving transformation
Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
Knowledge and experience in Red Hat suite and environments.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top