IBM Real Estate and Strategy Operations (RESO), MHV team is seeking an Environmental/Chemical Professional to work in the TJ Watson Research. The individual will possess strong technical skills in chemical and hazardous waste management and remediation. This position requires the professional to interface with the research and operational personnel and regulators on a routine basis. Working as the single point of contact on a number of regulatory programs, the person will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all internal and external requirements.
A key to success in this role relies on the ability to focus on meeting stakeholders needs while maintaining detailed system and records to ensure compliance.
The Environmental Chemical Professional is expected to have the ability to:
- Oversee and manage a complex chemical distribution center operations that supports the Watson Research Center. This responsibility includes
- Providing technical directions and oversight to contract staff
- Supervision of incoming chemical receipt, delivery and outgoing chemical shipment processes.
- Completing regulatory reports for chemicals and waste
- Interacting with State and Federal Regulators
- Conducting audits of chemical distribution center and laboratories to support ISO 14001 certification
- Managing chemical stock inventory program and site solid waste program
- Provide the training as required on Site Specific DOT program and RCRA program.
- Complying with regulatory and business process controls
- Proactively identify operational challenges and collaborate with customers to develop solutions.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Provide oversight and coordination for site remediation projects
The following certification classes will be required for the applicant to obtain through time if selected for the position. Experience in these areas is preferred.
- DOT 49CFR Training (every 3 years)
- IATA / ICAO Dangerous Goods training (every two years)
- Hazardous Waste Management Generator Requirements RCRA Compliance training / update (annual)
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certification
- HAZMAT Operations competency training (annual)
- Confined Space rescue competency training (annual)
- Incipient Fire Brigade competency training (annual)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Technical knowledge and certifications to address chemical and regulatory issues that are required for the unique set of research chemicals managed at this location
•Skills required to manage strategic supplier that handles chemical receiving, deliveries, and waste management as well as special decontamination project as required by our research customers
• Knowledge and background to handle specialty programs such as shelf life chemical management, hazardous waste training, preparedness for hazardous waste regulatory inspections, and waste and unique shipment requirements
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• DOT 49CFR Training
• IATA / ICAO Dangerous Goods training
• Hazardous Waste Management Generator Requirements RCRA Compliance training / update
• ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certification
• HAZMAT Operations competency training
• Confined Space rescue competency training
• Incipient Fire Brigade competency training
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top