Environment Management Engineer - System Analyst
Manage IT Environments to support IT application development and production services.
Responsible for the full management of a suite of development, testing, and production environments of all technical platforms. Providing environment demand forecast, environment delivery plan/approach and work with the project, development, deployment and infrastructure and application support teams to deliver environment requirements, and manage changes and new releases into those environments.
- Manage and own the environment plan to meet the demands of the solution and service delivery projects
- Support complex, multi-stream application development, testing and production environments
- Deliver environment build, manage configuration activity and enable support environments across various technology areas
- Define process around the Environment life cycle management based on ITIL processes
- Setup Environment management processes and facilitate approvals of the processes. Coordinate changes to the environments, including patching
- Manage all day to day requests for changes to the development, testing, production environments,
- Develop and manage the processes for tracking releases, upgrades and changes to the development and test environments working with the test team and technical services teams
- Manage the test environment configuration, deployment and test activities required to provide a stable test platform working with the Test Manager, including the reuse of environment when testing is complete
- Proactively provide demand and capacity planning in conjunction with Capacity Management
- Provide technical consultancy on environments and software deployment - expertise on underlying infrastructure, technologies and tools (across all IT application development areas)
- Support continuous improvement initiatives (keep abreast of industry trends, implement best practice, evaluate new tools and techniques, automate processes, lead Proof of concepts in various Test Environment Management Solutions, and upgrade underlying technologies)
- Coordinate with different teams (Application Development teams, Service Management teams, Middleware team, Infrastructure team, DBA Team, etc.).
- Participate in key project stakeholder meetings to gather requirements for environments Liaison and critical decisions
- Maintain environment configurations (CMDB)
- Define KPI for the environment management services and status and progress monitoring and reporting.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Should have 8+ years of experience in operational support; with 2 - 3 years in supporting end-to-end Test Environment Management
- Experience in Service Management/ Environment Management, Capacity Management, Deployment and Release Management
- Experience of supporting complex, multi-stream application environments
- Experience in build, configuration and support environments across varied technology areas
- Understanding of end to end Environment provisioning in complex environments
- Experience of working the multiple customers as well as vendor teams
- Experience of managing all day to day requests for changes to the development, testing and production environments
- Experience of the systems development lifecycle, as well as a strong understanding of all stages of a project lifecycle and delivery approaches with appreciation of the Application Test life cycle
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, coordination skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Working experience in Asia countries, with understandings of the country characteristics, cultures and work style, is an advantage
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top