Entry Level System Services Rep - Computer Repair - Jackson, MS
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM seeks to hire an entry level System Services Representative (SSR) in Jackson, MS position for an individual contributor and can work in both consumer homes or enterprise environments. This position will be a mobility role, where the SSR will travel to customer locations within a defined radius. A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle are required.
In this System Services Representative role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
• On-site installation, maintenance and repair of IBM and multi-vendor systems and components, including hardware, networking products, software and operating systems.
• Will be the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and/or software support and delivery of operational services as required by the client.
• Advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may impact product performance or impair client's IT operation.
• May also perform services activities such as systems assurance, systems-level problem determination, discontinuance and relocation of IBM and non-IBM systems and products.
• Accountable to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with service delivery, technical support and operational services for the client account(s).
• When critical situations occur, will be the IBM technical interface to clients and manage the situation until the problem is fixed.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as project needs require
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must live within 50 miles of Jackson, MS location
• Solid technical aptitude
• Good communication and customer service skills
• Valid driver's license with a reliable vehicle
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 1 Year Experience - Hardware repair
• Technical School degree - Computer technician
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top