Entry Level Security Services Consultant (Cambridge, MA)
IBM Security is seeking highly talented, undergraduate and graduate candidates to fill consultative, client focused, and security services roles.
We are in an era of advanced cybersecurity threats. These threats are persistent and continuously evolving. You need only read the newspaper to know how ever present and sophisticated hackers are today. The attacks are increasing in complexity and the impacts of security breaches on organizations can be devastating. Yesterday's reactive security programs no longer equip organizations to approach security in a dynamic, strategic manner.
At IBM, our clients have security in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM's security team, you will work with teams and clients as they transform organizational security. We're driven by more than just providing security solutions for organizations. We want our clients to succeed. IBMers can access our entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine.
At IBM Security, we partner with Fortune 100 clients to deliver real value by:
- Bringing together the world's largest consulting practice with industry-leading security research capabilities
- Enriching business consulting with advanced security research, analytics and technologies
- Solving complex client challenges and providing holistic solutions that incorporate people, processes, and technologies to improve security posture
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to monitor, detect, plan, build, implement, and support advanced security solutions
- Establishing new, flexible, and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experiences and capabilities.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
As a candidate in IBM Security's Cybersecurity Early Professional (CEP) Program, you will get exposure to various teams, job functions, and roles within IBM Security Services. As part of this 12- 24 month program you will receive exceptional training working closely within Managed Security Services (MSS), Consulting, and Lab Services in a variety of roles during the first 12 months following the initial 2-3 months of onboarding and education. Job functions in MSS may include roles and responsibilities such as working with clients to remediate and answer questions about their security environment, participating in client calls, providing recommendations to clients on improving security posture, managing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Unified Threat Management (UTM) for a variety of technologies. Additional roles and responsibilities may include performing basic threat monitoring and alerting of security events or performing basic threat analysis and tuning of rules and policies to increase detection accuracy, to reduce false positives and to improve performance, as well as shadowing IBM Security consultants and participating in client engagements to further build your skills in security and prepare you for a career in IBM Security.
Throughout the program you will receive exceptional technical, consulting, and industry solution training, hands-on experiences, project participation, and structured mentorship that will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader. Interacting with our security professionals will provide you the opportunity to gain further experience. Please note, participants may be required to travel up to 25% during the program.
See what you can do at IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and/or experience with IT system administration or network administration
- Expertise with Operating Systems - Linux (preferred) / Unix / Windows
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP Network Fundamentals
- Knowledge and understanding of basic routing protocol fundamentals
- Experience with Basic network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Cyber Threat Analysis and IDS/IPS/SIEM Fundamentals
- Knowledge of Firewall Fundamentals and/or experience with Firewall administration and management
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts and fundamentals
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
- Must be able to draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor/Masters degree in MIS/CIS/CS/IT or other technology field(s)
- 2+ years experience with IT system or network administration; Network Troubleshooting and IT Security
- 4+ years experience with Operating Systems - Linux (preferred) / Unix / Windows
- In depth knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP Network Fundamentals
- 2+ years experience with cyber intelligence analysis, including open source research and analytical tradecraft
- 2+ years experience with identifying cyber threat actors, including advanced persistent threats and associated Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- 2+ years experience in Trending/Threat Analysis Report Writing and Performing cyber system security assessments
- 2+ years experience in Cyber Threat Analysis and IDS/IPS/SIEM systems
- 2+ years experience with Firewall administration and management
- 1 year experience with QRadar and/or ArcSignt and/or Splunk
- One or more professional certifications (CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GSEC, GCIA, CEH)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top