Entry Level JDA Developer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As a WMS Functional Consultant, you will work with various clients/sites to implement WMS solutions that effectively satisfy business requirements and deliver value. Your primary responsibility will be to very quickly master a WMS solution with the ability to define requirements, configure, test, implement and support the system.
Successful candidates will be placed on an accelerated learning and development path with in-depth training on market-leading Warehouse Management Systems (i.e. JDA, Manhattan Associates), and will then be staffed on client project teams where fast-paced development will continue under project leadership. The longer-term objectives are to provide you the opportunity to become Subject Matter Experts and Lead Implementation Consultants for state-of-the-art WMS applications.
If you like the excitement of working with very talented colleagues in a fast-paced environment while implementing world class solutions at respected brand name clients, you should seriously consider this opportunity. You will have the unique opportunity to combine your skills and knowledge in an exciting software consulting career working directly with our clients, who include some of the country's leading manufacturers, retailers, and distributors
Job Duties Include:
• Client business and process requirements analysis and documentation
• WMS solution definition and configuration based upon the requirements
• Analyze and optimize components of the solution to take advantage of best practices
• Support system testing activities during client engagements, including test setup, test case scenario definition/refinement, test execution and troubleshooting.
• Functional responsibility for integration into host and other business and control systems onsite
• Functional and configuration responsibility for setting up and connecting to warehouse devices (scanners, printers, sorters, etc.)
• Work closely with key business partners during the entire lifecycle of the project, including client, WMS vendor and IBM teams
• Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues during and after implementation
• Write functional specifications for system modification, interface, report, and label requirements
• Take ownership on actions required to resolve issues or make progress on key project deliverables
Gain a working knowledge of the IBM WMS implementation methodology and be able to apply it on implementation projects.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Computer Sciences. Other degrees may be considered. Required education must be completed prior to start of employment.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain concepts
- Knowledge of SQL and databases
- A team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A driven and resilient individual with exceptional abilities to learn fast, solve problems and take ownership
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, data warehousing, Industrial engineering, and SQL
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top