Enterprise solution architect (Insurance Sector)
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest business and technology services provider. You may have heard we're going through a transformation here at IBM. For being a Cognitive, Industry and Cloud led an unprecedented shift in our culture, the way we do business and our approach to the world. At the heart of that is hiring people have a desire to succeed, a passion to innovate and an insatiable appetite to learn. If that sounds like you, read on, this may be just the place for you... If you enjoy working in a functional/technical, customer facing role and want to be accountable for the end-to-end customer solutions and experience for IBM Services then we would love to hear from you.
What we're looking for?
We are looking for an Enterprise Solution Architect for the Insurance sector with current knowledge of Core and channels in the insurance world, Cloud Systems Operations / Management, Virtualization, and extensive knowledge of cloud environments. You would be joining a growing team at the heart of IBM's hugely successful cloud business. This Cloud Architecture focused role will put you at the front and center of our customer's transformation to cloud-based architectures by identifying high priority initiatives and helping IBM customers successfully adopt Cloud solution and services.
- Deep understanding of the insurance systems world, business drivers, and emerging digital trends
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Demonstrable architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in "migrating" on premise workloads to the cloud
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
The impact you'll have
Our Cloud Solution Architects own the technical customer engagement including architectural design sessions, implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts often at senior executive level. You will help our customers by leading business process, architecture and design discussions to aid successful deployment of solutions. Successful candidates should have a passion for keeping up to date with the latest technical developments and love to continuously learn (we will help with your knowledge) have demonstrable experience of migrating workloads to the cloud and be adept at managing complex technical sales and deployment projects by highly effective collaborative working practices.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Deep understanding of the insurance systems world, business drivers, and emerging digital trends
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top