Enterprise Solution Achitect - Integration (Canberra)
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Enterprise Solution Architect, you will be the Senior Technical leader and subject matter expert for one of our major accounts within the Government industry. You will be responsible for providing architectural leadership and technical governance across IBM's Integration program of work for a high-profile government client.
In this autonomous role, you will be required to lead IBM's solution development and design efforts across one of our major accounts in Canberra. You will be accountable for the overall technology strategy, opportunity identification and overall client success for Enterprise Solutions for your clients. While your main focus will be building relationships with key stakeholders (within IBM, the client and other third parties) and supporting the client, on a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing architecture thought leadership and actively participate in the design,
implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Defining logical architecture and/or physical blue-prints for a client solution
- Ensuring consistency and quality of design and delivery
- Managing dependencies across multiple delivery projects
- Being the point of escalation for technical delivery issues
- Providing expert input and quality review of new solutions
- Advocating IBM's point of view on how to tackle some challenges we (and our client) face, including: Enterprise integration
Security accreditation, Process improvements, Cloud migration
- Identifying and implementing service improvements and innovation
As a key member if the Account Leadership team, you will also:
- Help promote a company culture that encourages engagement and inclusion
- Contribute to the Account growth and the generation of new business
In this role, you should be able to plan, execute and strategize effectively. Your key major skills and competencies are:
- Excellent relationship management and communication
- Team leadership
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Extensive experience on Solution Architecture, specifically around Enterprise Integration
- Solution expert with implementation experience
- Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud - Can define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud
- Expertise documenting technical systems architectures and explaining the systems so that both developers and technical (IT) managers can understand the rationale behind the design.
- Architecture Framework Expertise
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions as per Service Oriented Architecture / Micro Services Architecture
- In-depth experience with system integration, software development, API management and data modelling.
- Knowledge of Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to open source projects
- Demonstrated experience managing and architecting for multiple technical integration project SDLCs (Software Development Life Cycle) end-to-end
- Experience with Security Accreditation process and procedures
- Good understanding of Information Security Manual (ISM) and experience in developing security documents, such as Statement of Applicability (SoA), Security Risk Management
- Plan (SRMP), System Security Plan (SSP) etc, to enable security accreditation of the
- Industry framework certification such as TOGAF, Open Group etc is a plus
Minimum Clearance: NV1
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top