Enterprise Security Architect
As a Security Architect you would be client facing and leading the security transformation program and supporting IBM's infrastructure services in the transition from traditional in-house IT Infrastructure to a fully cloud computing based service model. The role involves being on-site at the Client location in Johannesburg, South Africa, and will be interfacing with Client IT Security technical teams and enterprise architects, infrastructure architects and security subject-matter experts.
- Identify and analyse key functional and non-functional requirements to enable the definition of the cloud security strategy and/or security solution strategy that would meet the business intent.
- Architectural Thinking, most important artifacts: System context, use cases, architectural decision, LOM, POM and threat modeling.
- Create security transformation roadmaps with clients considering security technology, process, people and governance.
- Conduct security architecture impact assessments.
- Security domain specialization capabilities: cloud security infrastructure, network security, data security and application.
- Analyze impact of compliance and security requirements and modify target cloud security infrastructure accordingly.
- Design target cloud security infrastructure leveraging new standard stacks in the target environment. (Architectural Decisions, High Level Solution Design)
- Finalize TSD with Low Level Design elements with special focus on security capabilities (provided by the SME's from the different technologies).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong skills (includes but not exhaustive)
- Decision making, positivity, time management, motivation, flexibility, problem-solving, design thinking, and conflict resolution.
- Security architectural design and analysis, defense-in-depth and Thrust modeling and Technical leadership and Big picture thinking.
- Communicate effectively in English in professional contexts.
- Certified CISSP, TOGAF or SABSA (L1 or above)
- Security management experience
- Client Facing / Trusted client advisor
- Cloud Security Architecture experience.
- Broad applied IT Security knowledge (cross technology e.g., Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint Network Security, and Qualys Vulnerability Management, and IBM Bigfix).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Open Group Certified IT Architect (L1 or above)
- Experience in the telecommunication and media industry
- IBM Transformation Program experience
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top