Enterprise Operations Cloud Center Technician
- Dallas, TX
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Operations Center Technician position requires day-to-day monitoring of the operation of the enterprise IT solutions as well as performing initial validation and troubleshooting, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s and Run Books. The EOC is also responsible for following the Incident Management process which includes acknowledging alerts/alarms within defined Network level targets as well as communicating outages and updates during incident remediation.
Your responsibilities will be to monitor and maintain all aspects of the solution, to include on-going documentation, maintenance ticketing system and continuing optimization of the procedures to provide robust operations oversight while communicating status updates. This is a 24x7x365 position requiring rotating shift support as well as a US Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
This position is located in Dallas, TX, Boulder, CO or Raleigh, NC.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- 2+ years of experience in monitoring and troubleshooting Information Technology systems in a Data Center.
- 1+ year of experience in operating and maintaining Network, NSX-VMWare or OS.
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve outages and restore service.
- Ability to communicate (both orally and written) effectively to various audiences.
- Ability to create and follow documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to follow documented Incident Management Process.
- Ability to work within a ticketing system; updating and creating tickets.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- 1+ year of ITIL Experience - Incident, Problem and Configuration Management.
- 1+ year of experience administering networks and/or firewalls.
- 1+ year of experience troubleshooting storage or backup issues in a large environment.
- 1+ year of experience troubleshooting SAN or NAS issues in a large environment.
- 1+ year of experience troubleshooting VMWare issues in a large environment.
- 1+ year of experience working in an enterprise cloud operations environment.
- Ability to create formal documentation for systems administration, operations, and maintenance.
- A+ Certification.
- Security+ Certification.
- Network+ Certification.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top