Enterprise Architect_IBM GSI Labs
About IBM: IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with varied strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction: The Global System Integrators Lab (GSI) is a global mission based out of IBM India Software Labs and comprises a team of Architects, Specialists, Solution managers, Program managers across all IBM Software capabilities. The lab is focused on engaging with System Integrators in a programmatic approach, with a goal of building their capability through joint Go-to-Market solutions using IBM's newest technologies and partners, building joint assets & solutions on IBM Data platform, supporting Centres of Competency within the GSIs, and providing thought leadership & innovations to inspire and activate the larger developer communities within the SIs and GSIs.
Who you are: As an Enterprise Architect, You'll work closely with IBM Partners (Global System Integrators - GSI's) and help them use the potential of IBM Cloud Capabilities for their enterprise applications. You should be able to jointly identify and drive strategic initiatives and new business opportunities, in the area of modern application architectures. You will be involved in discussions around Enterprise Application solutioning, Application Modernization using newest technologies such as Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
What you'll do: As an Enterprise Architect, You will:
- Build/maintain direct relationships with technical and business partners from all of SI that do/work on Cloud business.
- Identify/nurture/progress potential IBM Cloud opportunities with System Integrators teams and align initiatives and support model to convert the opportunities into deals.
- Aggressively engage in /propose Proof of concept solutions, technical demonstration and value proposition discussions on new /emerging capabilities within IBM Cloud portfolio.
- Understand SI's offerings/solutions which could leverage IBM Cloud for Go-to-Market and demonstrate the IBM Alliance ecosystem to strategically align and support such initiatives.
- Lead and work with the SI teams on responding to RFPs/RFIs.
- Effectively communicate IBM proposal to all partners in SI's.
- Identify gaps in SI teams and plan for delivering of Technical Enablement around IBM Cloud portfolio for SI Teams in the context of any initiatives/opportunities IBM is driving.
- Understand IBM Cloud offerings across Public and Private and competitive offerings.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the guide you want to be.
- You'll directly interact with the Product development and Offering management teams and gain knowledge of product nuances and GTM strategies.
- You'll interact extensively and learn from Senior Technical leaders from IBM and Business partner organizations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 to 15 years of Industry work experience.
- Excellent skills in Enterprise Application Architecture.
- Good understanding of IBM Middleware Products, such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss/Tomcat, Databases, messaging and related products. (Focus on Java based environment).
- Should have experience in Cloud (IBM or non-IBM Cloud).
- Hands on experience in Docker, Kubernetes, helm etc.
- Should have worked on some of DC transformation and should have led architecture for proposals.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Ability to turn business issues into technical solutions and excellent presentation skills (planned and ad-hoc).
- Ability to navigate and handle technical issues within a partner account, map technical and commercial value to broader business goals, relate to customer issues and capable of applying solutions to meet the needs of customer specific environments, issue management and customer concern.
- Knowledge on Cloud (Private as well as public) Technologies and Container technologies.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top