Engagement Risk Consultant
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Summary of the role:
- Contribute to Solution Integrity and Contractual Protection via the identification, management and treatment of risk.
- Lead the risk agenda on the deal and champion risk as an enabler to improved solutioning and commercials.
- Become a key member of the deal team, with active involvement at solution shaping and in all price releases, working with the deal team as fully as possible with the resources available, and actively engaging with key competencies and other stakeholders.
- Review and contribute to client-facing material. Attend client meetings on request from OO.
- Identify the key technical and commercial risks and the potential treatments for those risks.
- Inputs from OO, TSM, Architect, Competencies, Legal, Security.
- Inputs as appropriate from HR, T&T, CPE/DPE, SLA Hub, Regulatory,Procurement, GBS Risk Management.
- Review as appropriate RFP, SoW, Solution, TDA/technical review docs, ITR, Contract, other client-facing material.
- Consider reputational, regulatory and non-standard liability when defining the overall risk position and treatments.
- Contribute to a shared cross-LOB representation and management of risks.
- Account for the overall ownership and execution (through others) of Risk Management Actions.
- Ensure risk arising from GBS and other LOB dependencies are taken into account and are managed.
- Produce Risk Assessment for each Price Release.
- Drive appropriate cost quantification of risks to inform business decisions.
- Provide the risk information required to allow the executive team to make appropriately informed decisions.
- Drive the management and execution of risk from the opportunity stage until exiting after Engagement Handover for qualifying engagements.
- Manage the comprehensive handover of risks, especially those requiring urgent or focused treatment,to the incoming T&T and Delivery teams, as part of the Engagement Handover process.
- Travel up to 25%.
Work Location: Multiple Locations Available.
Candidate must be bilingual ( fluent in French and English) if working from the province of Quebec.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Apply Risk Management Process.
Apply Knowledge of Common Solution & Delivery Risks.
Apply Knowledge of Social Interaction Media Tools.
Use Risk Management Tools.
Demonstrate Effective Communication of Risk.
Perform Risk Management Reviews.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Good client and exec facing abilities.
Delivery mgt (eg DPE) or Engagement background (solutioning, sales, C&N for example).
Risk Management , Project Management qualifications desirable, plus wide ranging IT experience in client-facing and leadership roles.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top