Engagement Manager - Salesforce
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
IBM GBS & Bluewolf, have merged to form a global Salesforce consulting agency that builds digital solutions designed to create results. We serve a community of future-focused industry leaders dedicated to building the next generation of digital experiences. We are looking to fill the role of Engagement Manager in the DC Metro area who is vital in the support of our valued clientele in Public Service Sector.
In this Engagement Manager role you will be responsible for:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products
- Client Management: Manage expectations and day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; manage project quality and risk
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with key decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies; develop detailed resource plans for projects/programs
- Business Process Experience: Lead Executive-Level discussion around sales, marketing, and customer care processes.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years Director-level consulting experience or relevant management experience
- At least 5 years of working for a top tier consulting firm developing business strategies for clients or equivalent experience
- Successfully participated in Sales and Business Development Efforts including Proposal Development
- At least 3 years experience with Salesforce CRM
- Must have domain experience in sales, sales operations, or customer support
- This role will require local based travel around the Washington, DC metro area.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 7 years experience in Salesforce technology
- At least 8 years of general consulting or equivalent business experience
- At least 5 years experience driving sales of strategy engagements
- In-depth experience working with businesses in at least 3 industries
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top