Embedded Software Engineer
IBM Research is seeking a talented embedded software engineer / research scientist to work on leading edge systems for quantum computing. In this role, you will develop FPGA-based, hardware-software systems for parallel, real-time control of novel device structures.
We are looking for candidates with expertise in:
- Embedded Linux for ARM processors,
- Low-level programming,
- Linux device drivers
- interfacing to programmable hardware
Candidates must be capable of carrying out research as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
US Citizenship is required for this role.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Embedded software development using C/C++ (2 years)
- Embedded Linux development (1 year)
- Board-level lab bring-up and debug (1 year)
- US Citizenship
- Ability to gain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
- A bachelor's degree in EE, CS, or related field is required.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- ARM Architecture & Micro-architecture
- Real-time Operating Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Xilinx Software Development Environment
- FPGA Hardware Development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top