EDI Specialist - Watson Customer Engagement
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer
Business Unit Introduction
IBM Watson Customer Engagement - Watson Supply chain provides a unified approach to manage evolving digital and physical channels and also enhance the customer shopping experience in the age of empowered customer for seamless, positive sales experiences. Manage evolving channels and interaction points across web, eCommerce, mobile, m-commerce and social or physical channels. Build smarter commerce and supply chains that are more efficient, demand-driven and transparent. Reduce complexity by synchronizing procurement, marketing, selling and service processes based on customer needs. Map Development team is involved in EDI Map Development for SaaS B2B WW clients.
Who You Are.
As a EDI Specialist/Consultant...
- You will be responsible to deliver to the Client mapping requests ensuring client satisfaction.
- You would also be expected to lead and mentor other team members, provide oversight to various deliverables and ensure appropriate delivery practices are followed
- Involve in delivering of customer mapping requests.
- Should possess good EDI Domain knowledge and hands on mapping experience on EDI standards like EDIFCAT, X12, XML, GENTRAN etc, using IBM Sterling map development tools - IBM Sterling Integrator - map editor, and ITX/WTX etc.
- Will work directly with clients on-site leads/customers to firm-up requirements.
- Hands on experience in EDI / B2B in mapping skills on various formats such as EDIFACT,X12
- Ability to manage large delivery and support teams.
- Team will be involved in End to End delivery for IBM B2B SaaS Integration customers across Worldwide.
- Provides an individual with greater exposure to WW SaaS delivery to clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of Map development experience & Implementing EDI maps for transactions with standards EDIFACT, ANSI X12, Rosettanet, Tradacoms, XML, ebXML and CII
- EDI Mapping Skills with minimum 2 of the following tools - IBM B2B Sterling IntegratorX12/Gentran Integration Suite / Websphere Transformation Extender / Gentran NT / Gentran Unix / Gentran Director Templates
- Demonstrated knowledge & good understanding of XML and SAP IDOCs
- Responsible for identifying the mapping between source and target data elements in support of mapping resource specifications.
- Identify, analyze and devise solutions for business and technical EDI data problems
- Collaborating with other functional members to develop and deliver, based on business requirements .
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- EDI mapping experience on IBM map editor tools.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top