Digital Strategy Consultant
IBM is the world's largest technology and consulting company with IBM Global Business Services (GBS) a partner of unmatched breadth and depth, across a spectrum of business operations. We understand that real business value is delivered when business consulting is enriched with advanced research, analytics and technology. As a consultant at IBM, you will have the unique opportunity to bring these elements together, enhancing the value we bring our clients. With operations in 170 countries, you'll make a real impact by solving complex business issues for the world's leading clients. You'll do challenging work across multiple industries and sectors, as well as governments and agencies, to make a real difference.
You will be part of the Digital Strategy practice within IBM GBS Hong Kong. He / She will be responsible for manage delivery of digital strategy and transformation projects. This will be with clients primarily in the financial services, telecommunications, distribution and public sectors.
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Digital Strategy Consultant.
- Work as Project Manager to lead, manage and implement projects in the domain of Digital Transformation, Digital Business / Technology Strategy, Digital Growth and Revenue Acceleration Strategy and IT Planning to ensure the timeliness and quality of deliverables
- Lead and deliver project activities, including but not limited to stakeholder consultation, business process re-engineering, gap analysis, enterprise architecture, application rationalisation, IT landscapes, solution recommendations, and business case preparation
- Assess and formulate customer journey maps and expectations, benchmark practices for enhancing customer experience (internal & external), new business and revenue models, and commerce channel for both B2B & B2C industries
- Manage team administration / management tasks, detailed work plan, project documentations, progress reporting, status meeting, quality control management and escalation effectively
- Coach team members and provide advice on procedures / work methods
- Participate in pre-sales and proposal activities, including opportunity identification and qualification, work with pre-sales team and/or subject matter experts in developing proposal, scope and estimation of work
- Degree holder in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines, preferably MBA
- Mature, detail-minded, proactive and committed
- Very strong communication skills and proficiency in spoken and written English, fluent in Cantonese
- Minimum 8 years of experience of which at least 3 years focus on digital transformation
- Extensive experience in consultancy studies, management and planning in IT
- Strong passion and knowledge in technologies, such as Cloud, IoT, Mobile, Cognitive & Analytics, Blockchain, Emerging Technologies, Social, Security, and etc.
- Proven track record of managing sizable cross-functional projects with MNCs
- Advanced stakeholder management skill, experience in working with senior stakeholders and executive sponsors is preferred
- Strong analytical skill with high commitment to quality client service
- PMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner, or other internationally recognised project management qualification is a definite advantage
- Strong consultation, presentation and communications skills, self-initiation, good team player, and willingness to work under pressure
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top