IBM is focused on driving results through digital marketing and continuously improving our digital strategy and execution. The Digital Strategist will lead the creation of integrated digital experiences to drive awareness and demand along the customer journey for the IBM Systems portfolio worldwide. As a member of performance marketing within the IBM Systems Business Unit, this role requires partnerships with Portfolio Marketing Managers, Performance Marketing leadership, Campaign Managers, Event Managers, Social teams, User Experience professionals, Content Strategists and Market Insights Professionals as well as SMEs from IBM Digital and Marketplace/E-Commerce teams.
In this role, the individual will:
• Design the digital journey across content, assets and tactics, including paid medial, SEO, SEM, both on domain and off domain.
• Execute, report on and continuously optimize digital marketing campaigns.
• De-construct competitive best practices in digital marketing from leading brands.
• Leverage A/B Testing to ensure design decisions are data and market driven.
• Stay informed on the latest thinking in Information Architecture and user experience design.
• Define a holistic digital strategy based on portfolio value proposition - Power, zSystems or Storage.
• Liaise and partner with disparate teams across the company who are engaged in creating the future of IBM through digital innovations.
We're looking for someone passionate about digital marketing who will bring new ideas to the table and loves being part of a team of strong collaborators and partners. If you are seeking a role where you can be a key contributor to the growth of IBM Systems, we're interested in speaking with you.
In addition, the candidate should:
• be comfortable facing challenges where the answer is not readily visible.
• thrive in a collaborative environment, working across teams to achieve the best outcome.
• have the ability to see the sometimes-hidden connection between tangential ideas.
• be passionate about the way technology is impacting our lives at a consumer and business level.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 5 years of experience as a Digital Strategist, Information Architect, User Experience Designer or any other role which involves strategizing and architecting user experience design for high-traffic, complex digital properties.
• Strong knowledge of user-centered design and HCI principles.
• Expert understanding of web metrics, digital media testing methodology and optimization strategies.
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to closely collaborate as a part of a team comprised of business, creative and technical types.
• Strong project manager with the ability to meet expectations on time and on budget.
• Ability to articulate and present ideas based on sound user experience and interaction design principles.
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications required.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Digital agency experience is a plus.
• IBM Coremetrics and/or Google Analytics experience.
• Hands-on experience managing paid media campaigns.
• Clear understanding of search engine marketing and applying SEO best practices.
• Experience writing web copy.
• Must be comfortable and very familiar with html and web content management systems.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top