Digital Project Executive
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the Digital Project Executive, you will construct partnerships between clients, team IBM, vendors, and subcontractor organizations and manage the implementation of these partnerships to address business opportunities for the IBM Corporation. You have equally balanced skills in five key general management areas of client relationship management, consultative selling, financial/business management, portfolio/program management, and team/people management. In this role, you are recognized for business acumen by the customer set you support.
- Client Trusted Advisor Partnership / Relationship Management: Primary focal point and owner for all account/contract activities; Manage client relationship, expectations and overall satisfaction with IBM; Work with client to identify business objectives, priorities and directions, critical success factors, and apply this knowledge to establish & implement an account strategy.
- Consultative Selling: Understand and apply IBM selling techniques to identify business opportunities and leverage resources in closing new client business; Lead in driving new or existing business to achieve revenue, proft and signings objectives; Be fully aware of the competition and impediments to growth to help build and lead strategy to overcome these obstacles. Translate client requirements into formal agreements from identification to signature, as PE you will be leader of building a ONE IBM team to selling and delivery oversight to deliver on the contractual commitments.
- Program Management: Perform contract crisis management, manage contract scope and commitments, and responsibilities of all parties; Lead teams to execute contract terms and conditions enabling breakthrough thinking, conflict resolution, effective communications; Ensure Service Delivery manages all program/project schedules and contract deliverables by implementing 3-tier governance (tactical, operational, and strategic) meetings as the framework to overall management of the contract and account.
- Business/Financial Management: Accountable for meeting revenue, profit and growth objectives and improving overall client satisfaction targets; Manage all aspects of contract financial performance; Identify and apply current and future industry business trends that could impact the client's business.
- Team/People Leadership: Create and maintain a high performing account team with responsibility for people development, motivation and delegation; Improve teamwork across IBM with one voice to the client; Lead Service Management deliverable reviews through the DPE to ensure quality of service, on time delivery, and costs are within contract targets; Ensure an effective communication plan is in place between the client, account team and team IBM.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in IT Infrastructure or complex program management.
- At least 3 years experience in demonstrated success in selling or consultative sales.
- Very organized and able to handle multiple clients,
- Demonstrated communication skills in able to lead complex IT outsourcing sales opportunities,
- Demonstrated client objection handling skills for both sales and key delivery escalations working with CIOs, IT and/or Appl Dir, and Procurement Directors.
- At least 3 years experience in direct client interfacing roles with business and financial management responsibilities.
- Communications, Distribution, Financial, Industrial, and/or Public industry knowledge.
- Collaboration skills and experience integrating cross-brand projects
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Master Degree - prefer concentration in Business, Finance, Science or MIS or min of 10 yrs IT experience.
- Prefer certifications in ITIL, PMP, and other Outsourcing certifications.
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top