Digital Hardware Engineer
IBM Research is seeking a talented digital hardware engineer / research scientist to work on leading edge systems for quantum computing.
In this role, you will develop FPGA-based, hardware-software systems for parallel, real-time control of multi-qubit architectures. You will develop and support high end FPGA SoC designs through all phases of design and system integration for scalable quantum computing systems.
- Activities include architecture definition, logic design, RTL-synthesis, test bench development and design simulation, static timing and power analysis, and lab bring-up.
- You are expected to be capable of carrying out research as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- US Citizenship is required for this role.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Logic design using VHDL / Verilog (1 year)
- Synthesis, place & route, timing analysis (1 year)
- Design verification using Register Transfer Level (RTL) simulation (1 year)
- Board-level lab bring-up and debug (1 year)
- US Citizenship
- Ability to gain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
- A bachelor's degree in EE, CS, or related field is required.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- ARM Architecture & Micro-architecture
- Processor hardware design
- Digital Signal Processing
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top