Digital Banking Architect
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the professional services arm of Global Services; the services include digital technology consulting, systems implementation and integration, application management services and business process
Cloud Application Migration Services (CAMS) is part of the Cloud Application Innovation (CAI) growth area within IBM's GBS Consulting wing. CAMS includes practice teams in cloud application development, cloud advisory, big data, security and complex systems architecture and integration.
- Technical thought leader with a passion for change.
- Senior architect role working across a variety of Financial Services client engagements to design, develop, integrate and deploy end to end innovative digital solutions and MVP's.
- Able to articulate front end mobile/web app development processes and integration to back end systems.
- Consult and interact with client's senior IT stakeholders (C-suite and C-1) to ensure the solution fits their needs.
- Work closely with IBM development teams onshore and offshore to lead them to compliant system build in line with client expectations.
- Enable rapid deployment using Agile methodologies of client's modern digital platforms.
- Act as a design authority in the digital banking space.
- Contribute to RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposals)
- Lead and mentor development teams. Spot talent and progress/promote.
- Manage team of 10+ junior architects.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands on full stack experience covering front ends, back end services, integration, databases and data modelling, operational models and infrastructure sizing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and gravitas. Able to influence senior clients and IBM colleagues by articulating architecture concepts to both technology and non-technology audiences.
- Experience delivering projects using Agile methods.
- Able to demonstrate ability to go the extra mile to ensure client success. As a result of this the role demands flexibility in working hours and travel commitments.
- Banking domain knowledge - understanding of current opportunities and challenges in Financial Services industry.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 3 years experience (preferred 5) in solution architecture covering 3 or more of web/mobile applications, API/Microservices & integration, analytics, security, testing, infrastructure and deployment.
- At least 5 years experience (preferred 8) in software development
- Working knowledge of front end development technology (e.g. Native iOS, Native Android, Hybrid/Web: AngularJS, ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3)
- At least 2 years experience (preferred 5 years) in building Java backend applications
- Experience in a client facing role demonstrating presentation skills, as well as having the ability to communicate with client management and executives
- Able to relate expertise and experience back to architect community to develop IBM's offerings in the digital banking space.
- A collaborative and team focused attitude.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top