DevOps Engineer(Network), Resilient Systems
Resilient Systems, an IBM company
Job Title: DevOps Engineer (Network)
This individual will report into the Operations group for this network-heavy cross-functional operations role. The ideal candidate will have strong networking experience and be able to take a leading role in designing, implementing, and maintaining new networks in addition to maintaining existing networks. Simultaneously, this person will work with the Operations staff to write configuration management and automated deployment code allowing rapid deploy / re-deploy environments. Additional responsibilities will involve the writing of automated mechanisms to deploy new infrastructure services and the writing of automated deployment mechanisms for on-demand VM creation for the Dev and QA teams.
Manage and monitor all production network equipment.
Design and manage production networking and routing.
Design and maintain "infrastructure as code" configuration management for network devices using Chef.
Design and maintain automation code for deployment of systems and services.
Design and maintain automation code for "dropship" deployment of new datacenters.
Maintain production-like testing and development environments.
Work with development team to reduce delivery times through CI/CD workflows.
Work with QA team to improve reliability through automated testing frameworks and on-demand testing environments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 3 years experience designing, implementing, and maintaining both traditional and fabric networks.
* At least 1 year experience managing PFSense, ModSecurity, and HAProxy for software-based network security.
* At lesat 1 year experience managing Cisco ASA and Juniper SRX firewalls.
* At least 1 year experience managing Cisco Catalyst and Brocade / Extreme Networks VDX switches.
* Experience using Chef to write configuration management code.
* Experience writing tests using KitchenCI
* Experience using Packer for VM image creation.
* Experience using Terraform for rapid VM deployment.
* Experience working in / migrating to a DevOps culture
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
* At least 5 years experience designing, implementing, and maintaining both traditional and fabric networks.
* At least 2 years experience managing PFSense, ModSecurity, and HAProxy for software-based network security.
* At lesat 2 years experience managing Cisco ASA and Juniper SRX firewalls.
* At least 2 years experience managing Cisco Catalyst and Brocade / Extreme Networks VDX switches.
This position is located in the Boston area. It provides a truly unique opportunity to join a successful, rapidly growing organization and fill a pivotal role in its growth and success.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top