DevOps Engineer - IBM CIC
Travel: Flexibility to travel across the UK up to 5 days a week from your base location required (Travel allowance and travel expenses paid)
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business, built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Since opening our first UK office in Leicester in Spring 2015, we've significantly grown. We currently have five UK centres, with offices in Leicester, Hursley, Thames Valley (Swindon), and the North (Preston & Newcastle), along with a group specialising in Microsoft applications. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network.
About the Role
You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. You will have a real passion for the philosophy of DevOps which they'll be able to use to their advantage and deliver value for our clients. Your role will involve designing and deploying solutions to the cloud which will allow: automatic provisioning and management of environments; the capability to continuously integrate; containerisation functionality and the automation of testing
If you are looking to develop your career in a friendly and upbeat working environment, adaptable and resilient to change then IBM Client Innovation Centre UK is an excellent place to take this step.
The following characteristics are important in our employees:
- Passion - to make a difference
- Collaboration - because we accomplish more when we work together
- Exploration - openness to explore new places, ideas, and technologies
- Insightfulness - it is important to understand things from different viewpoints
What we offer
We are proud of our training and development opportunities. As part of the CIC, you will be welcome to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. This will enable you to grow within our business which we support via promotion and progression opportunities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins, UrbanCode, SonarQube, Nexus
• Containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
• Source code management tools such as GitHub, BitBucket, RTC
• Monitoring tools e.g. Nagios, Zabbix
• Cloud platforms e.g. IBM Bluemix, AWS, Azure
• "Infrastructure as Code" concept using tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
• System administration of Linux & Windows
• Automation Testing tools e.g. Selenium, JUnit
• Coding & shell scripts using languages such as Bash, Ruby, YAML
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle (Preferably Agile)
Skills working in a secure environment and ability to adhere to security principles
Experience in support organisation
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top