- Thrive in an agile environment
- Be at the forefront of change
- Permanent opportunity based in Melbourne
- Opportunity to work with a key Client
IBM; the company that put the first man on the moon; the company that created Watson - the first artificial intelligent machine to win Jeopardy; IBM - the makers of laptops.
Yes, that was us - but now are so much more.
The new IBM has reinvented education, the new IBM helps guide dogs guide - in fact we are even helping to improve people's lives. If that's not exciting enough we are making fashion digital, we are predicting the weather and we are making cars go faster.
IBM employees are defining the cognitive era, and this is just the beginning. What can YOU do with IBM?
The team is made up of approximately 150 resources predominantly based in Melbourne, working on a Client location. It is a semi-formal environment whilst maintaining professional work standards always. It is a friendly environment encouraging team work always. Very much an interactive environment. An Agile layout.
What will I be doing?
- Demonstrate a passion for automation and optimization of cloud infrastructure and common services to reduce the cost of deployments and change, while improving scalability and resilience to failure.
- Drive by example the uplift of software quality and security standards across all teams.
- Train and coach engineers in cloud platform technologies and processes to disseminate knowledge and skills across both engineering and site teams.
- Understand and be sympathetic to the needs of software and system engineers through team rotations, pairing and sharing responsibilities including on-call support, software builds and deployments.
- Foster a culture of trust and accountability.
- Be an evangelist for change by clearly communicating the vision and the path from current to future state, measuring progress and outcomes along the way.
- Experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure and linking client environments with AWS using DirectConnect and VPN
- Create new services to help IT/Ops teams with problem solving and infrastructure solution design
What skills will I need?
- A passion for technology and business.
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment.
- Have prior exposure Agile, lean and DevOps principles and practices
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
- The flexibility to travel to client locations
What experience will I need?
- AWS and other public cloud platforms
- Automated deployment tools and languages
- Configuration management technologies
- CI/CD pipelines configuration and management
- AWS Cloud Formation and/or Terraform
- Configuration management tools - Puppet, Chef, Ansible and/or Salt.
- Scripting Languages: Ruby, Python and/or Bash as appropriate
- Web services and databases: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Postgres or MySQL, MS SQL
- Continuous integration and delivery: Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis
- Network design and architecture (VPC, IGW, subnets, peering, dynamic routing)
- Windows administration and automation
- Other virtualization and cloud platforms including VMWare, KVM or Azure
This key role does have some specific requirements:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Resident in Australia for the past 5 years
- Not spent greater than 12 months cumulative out of Australia during the past 5 years
- Satisfy an AU Gov client Pre-Engagement Integrity Check
- Be eligible to obtain an AGSVA baseline security clearance or already have AGSVA baseline security clearance
To take your career to the next step please apply on line
Tell us about the great skills and experience you would potentially bring to the role in a Cover Letter stipulating that you have Australian Citizenship and Resume.
#adaytorefer IWD18&A IWD18HJGL IWD18HJGLAP
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to job description.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Please refer to job description.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top