IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
DO YOUR BEST WORK EVER
The Public Service consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Ready to transform the way the Federal Government works and solves its problems? At IBM, we're strongly committed to the advancement of open Internet standards and applications. Join us to help IBM deliver world-class solutions for our public service customers - some of the most important customers in the world! Show them how the complex can be made easy.
The DevOps Engineer p rovides build and deployment support for all software development projects. Responsibilities include working with project engineers to determine build requirements, developing shell scripts to install and upgrade software applications, using open source tool to generate and apply software patches to source code, document procedures, managing virtual machines. May be involved in procuring equipment and performing acceptance testing. Provides hardware maintenance support. Prepares reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies.
Level (entry, journeyman, senior, master) will be determined based on education and years of experience.
This position is located in northern Virginia. It is contingent on the contract being awarded to IBM by the US Federal Government.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
(2252) PSHJ GBSTSSCI TSSCIFSP18
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Active TS/SCI clearance + Full Scope Poly
- Experience configuring, automating, provisioning, maintaining, monitoring, and managing/reporting FISMA compliance for software, hardware, networks, communications circuits, storage, backup/recovery in an agile, Dev/Ops methodology
- Experience using one or more of the following: Citrix, VMWare, Clustering, Linux, Shell Scripting, Microsoft Shell Scripting, open source hosting tools, NetApp/EMC Storage Management, Cisco Networking, provisioning and deployment software (e.g. Puppet , Jenkins, Maven)
- Experience using one or more of the following: Hadoop, HBase, Accumulo, Tomcat, Spark, Oozie, Camel, Kafka, Zookeeper, Pig
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with MarkLogic and other database software installation and maintenance
- Experience with MapReduce and clustering
- Experience with Twister
- Experience with monitoring and management software (e.g. Splunk, Nagios, HP/Dell/ Hitachi)
- Experience developing software, and deploying hardware, with a specialty in automating the production and deployment of software in a large enterprise.
- Excellent business process re-engineering and collaboration skills across a broad team
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top