DevOps and Release Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at IBM. The IBM Cloud - Fabric 2.0 team is challenged with solving complex problems that will advance our business to the next level. We build the most innovative systems in the industry using the latest technology to deliver creative solutions for our customers.
This team is responsible for building runtimes and services to host the cloud management components. This team is also responsible for operating the service 24x7 and maintaining the security of all our systems, such as authentication, permissions and handling of sensitive data.
If you are a talented developer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk to you.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloudant is a IBM Cloud Database Managed Service offering that provides cutting edge NoSQL database capability at scale. IBM Cloudant Engineers are adaptable and self-starting, carrying multiple responsibilities within the IBM Cloud Database services.
IBM Cloudant are seeking engineers who are excited to take responsibility for operating, maintaining, and enhancing the test and the 'release pipeline' for Cloudant software. Release Engineers develop test cases and test suites; design and implement release pipeline tools and automation; maintain and organise build milestones, test release candidates; control and document processes for compliance purposes; and help coordinate engineering changes across development and operations teams. Release Engineers also design and execute performance and capacity testing for the service, and provide technical process support to other teams within Cloudant Development and Operations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts and practices
- Experience with one or more key development languages/tooling; Python, Jenkins, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Erlang, Java, C++, debugging and performance analysis tools, UNIX-based operating systems, cloud storage environments and Application Programing Interfaces (APIs)
- Ability to engage in technical discussions independently, articulate and compare alternative approaches, and negotiate with specific objects
- Abilities to recognise problems related to project objectives, apply creativity and judgement to problems
- Ability to independently generate solutions based on analytical skills and business knowledge
- Ability to work cooperatively, discuss proposed procedures and processes with others, and challenge validity of existing or proposed procedures or processes in order to develop or enhance complementary changes or solutions
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- B.S/B.A. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- Applied experience and technical knowledge in current software development languages and tools used for development of web-based database applications
- Software engineering knowledge and experience to develop solutions for complex systems
- Applied experience or demonstrative understanding from working within a team distributed across the globe
About Business Unit
Digitisation is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enabling companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top