Developer / Consultant, Sterling Order Management – IBM Consulting
What do IBM Smarter Commerce consultants do? Our experts utilize a combination of social business, ecommerce, and order fulfillment software and services to help clients deploy digital commerce systems-creating and delivering personalized and intuitive experiences for their customers. And, ultimately driving their organizations growth through brand loyalty.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring a Developer / Consultant with subject matter expertise in Sterling Order Management Software (OMS). The Developer / Consultant is a development position and directly responsible for designing and delivering solutions of Smarter Commerce projects at large clients.
You enjoy developing innovative solutions to complex business and technical issues. You thrive in client facing environments. You are an expert in working across multiple platforms, processes and architectures. You lead by example.
• Translate the client's business requirements into specific order management systems, applications and/or process designs
• Work with client personnel and executives to identify functional and technical requirements
• Lead others in the identification, justification and design of the client's solution and OMS architecture
• Ensure the designed solution is aligned with performance and non-functional requirements
• Lead the design and development of reusable artifacts across the life-cycle phases of an OMS implementation
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment
you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. Learn more about IBM Commerce: ibm.com/software/products/en/order-management
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBM jobs blog at blog.ibm.jobs for career insights, news and latest job opportunities and additional information on the data happenings at IBM.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills and promoting internally
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
- The IBMer: ibm.com/ibm/responsibility/2015/ibmer/
IBMers are from over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all Recruitment Agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. MD2100
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in solution design, development and delivery custom solutions for clients
- At least 3 years of development experience in Sterling OMS
- At least 3 years of experience in Sterling Commerce technologies
- At least 3 years of experience establishing and managing development standards
- At least 3 years of experience working with a software development methodology
- At least 3 years of experience as an independent developer working on complex projects
- At least 2 years of experience designing and delivering order management and fulfillment solutions
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 8 years of experience designing, developing and delivering custom solutions for clients
- At least 5 years of experience in Sterling Commerce technologies
- At least 5 years of experience establishing and managing development standards
- At least 5 years of experience working with a software development methodology
- At least 5 years of experience as an independent developer working on complex projects
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top