Developer Advocacy_IBM GSI Labs
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that literally make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with varied strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction:
The Global System Integrators Lab (GSI) is a global mission based out of IBM India Software Labs and comprises a team of Architects, Specialists, Solution managers, Program managers across all IBM Software capabilities. The lab is focused on engaging with System Integrators in a programmatic approach, with a goal of building their capability through joint Go-to-Market solutions using IBM's newest technologies and partners, building joint assets & solutions on IBM Data platform, supporting Centres of Competency within the GSIs, and providing thought leadership & innovations to inspire and activate the larger developer communities within the SIs and GSIs.
Who you are:
- As a developer advocate, you'll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community around key IBM technologies primarily in your region with occasional travels to other countries.
- You'll build and nurture great relationships with developers online, create useful content, educational material, and demonstration applications using IBM technology.
- You will secure platform adoption through evangelism, community engagement, and developer relations.
- You will engage with the broad community of developers and driving excitement around developer related technologies.
- You will strive to be a key member of their local technology communities. Along these lines, advocates represent IBM at events, workshops, meetups, and conferences.
- You will build relationships with individuals, companies, and organizations that serve the same communities as IBM.
- You should be able to gaze into the crystal ball of technology, discern the future, and actively pursue it.
What you'll do:
- Attend and speak at industry events and conferences, technical meetups and hackathons to connect with developers
- Write blog posts, articles to make developers successful using IBM technologies and help them realize their ideas faster
- Work with partner and IBM teams to create compelling demo applications that show the potential of our technologies
- Take the feedback back to the IBM product and services teams on behalf of developers
- Create and deliver new enablement collateral, including tutorials, labs, classes, and hackathons
- Commit, review and fix code for open source projects
How we'll help you grow:
- You will have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll have a worldwide network of experts to work with gain knowledge and progress in your career
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 8-10 years of Experienced developer with passion for new technologies and phenomenal code
- Passion for sharing and for other developers' success
- Proven experience of advocacy for a technology, brand or cause
- Proven communication skills, including writing and speaking to technical audiences
- Track record of actively contributing to and participating in online communities (GitHub, Stack Overflow, mailing lists, etc.)
- Proficiency in a wide range of programming languages, cloud and IoT technologies (e.g.: Node.js, Swift, Java, HTML5, containers, MQTT, pub-sub messaging, serverless technologies)
- Familiarity with IBM Bluemix and IBM developer Works community resources
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Public speaking experience a plus
- Technical blogging is a plus
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top