Deskside Support Representative - Alaska
This role is an individual contributor responsible for on-site installation, maintenance and repair of IBM and multi-vendor systems and components, including hardware, networking products, software and operating systems. They are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and/or software support and delivery of operational services as required by the client. They advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may impact product performance or impair client's IT operation. They may also perform services activities such as systems assurance, installation planning, account management, systems-level problem determination, discontinuance and relocation of IBM and non-IBM systems and products. They are accountable to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with service delivery, technical support and operational services for the client account(s). When critical situations occur, they are the IBM technical interface to clients and manage the situation until the problem is fixed. They have a thorough understanding of, and are able to articulate, IBM's technical support strategy. They are responsible for the technical value relationship to protect revenue base and identify new services opportunities. The employee uses judgment in choosing the task/routine. In some locations they will be direct client facing in a 'walk up' environment where the client can request service without a ticket or prior appointment. This would include mobile device support and best efforts support on bring your own device support.
- Experience in several main activities and working knowledge of interrelated activities. Awareness of department activities.
- Exchanges general business, customer technical information. Seeks or gives explanations and verifies comprehension.
- Use specialized tools, techniques, procedures to identify, understand, and resolve various job-related problems. May recommend adjustments or improvements to established.
- Responsible for a variety of tasks within well established procedures.
- May set work schedules individually, or as a team member.
- Activities are subject to general instruction or direction.
- Provides practical assistance.
Impact on Business/Scope:
- Accountable for individual results and for the impact of the results on the team and on interrelated activities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 year work experience support Desktop support services.
- 1 year work experience supporting Microsoft Operating systems and applications
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 1 year work experience provide end user network connectivity support
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top