Designer: Visual Design
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being na 193362BR : Security Consultant: Risk & Compliance med one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
IBM iX, within GBS, is a line of consulting services that brings Customer Experience Strategy, Design and technology together to help our clients re-imagine their Businesses by Design, shaping human centered business outcomes using IBM Design Thinking. One of the largest digital agencies globally, IBM iX has over 42 Design Studios [ https://www.ibm.com/design/studio.shtml ] across the globe with 15,000+ Associates.
Your day in the role will include...
- Envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and magical
- Tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of customers around the world (novice to expert)
- Collaborate with researchers, engineers and product managers throughout design process - from creating research protocols, personas, scenarios, information architecture and wireframes to building user interface prototypes
- At each stage, must anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Min of 3+ years of experience in user experience / visual design domain
- You will use your expertise in application development to evaluate and select development methods, processes, standard methodologies and tools
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team loves to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skill to utilize technology as a medium to craft design and deliver insightful human experience to clients
- Ability to ensure integrity of design in the delivered product and act as a consultant & trusted advisor to senior management
- Storytelling skills - Utilize stories to communicate that enable wider teams to accomplish shared goals
- Ability to evaluate trends and behavioral patterns to deliver human interaction patterns
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Good Social skills
- Regular Client interaction, and effective project management skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top