Join a growing team of design researchers helping to transform enterprise software applications for marketers, merchandizers, and supply chain professionals. This role will tackle numerous projects working on next generation Watson Customer Engagement products and Enterprise solutions including tasks such as researching and validating customer requirements, defining research priorities, designing and conducting research activities, finding and presenting insights, actively participating in client workshops, collaborating to develop research best practices, designing business process scenarios and flows for user interfaces, and working directly with customers and sponsor users.
The role demands deep experience with current tools and methods, but also a requirement to investigate and learn new approaches to solving problems. The candidate must be a self-starter, creative in their thinking about design issues, have strong communication and documentation skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people (designers, information developers, developers, product owners, etc.) - both face-to-face and via conference calls.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience with creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design, authoring surveys
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative design research methodologies (e.g. contextual inquiry, interviewing, etc.)
• Experience with delivering insights and conclusions in well-developed artifacts (documents, personas, scenarios, journeys, etc.)
• Knowledge of wireframing and design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, Sketch, etc.
• Knowledge of design methodologies and information architecture
• Presentation skills and an ability to articulate ideas in a persuasive manner
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
• Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating research and specific actionable insights derived
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Understand modern design thinking and design trends
• Understand different industries to better gauge how design issues and users can differ across them
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top