Design Researcher for zSystems Modernization Project
- Understanding user needs, and exploring user-centered designs
- Collaborating across the design and development teams to explore new ways to present and manipulate information
- Collaborating with product owners and technical owners to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction and experience.
- Conducting user research and usability test , exploring user insight and evaluating user feedback.
- Identifying and addressing UX/UI design issues from clients, developers, service and support personnel
- Actively participating in design sessions: empathy mapping, user feedback sessions and end of sprint demos/playbacks
- Coaching, educating, and advocating research best practices
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Present research and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of their software experience
- Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative
- Experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users
- Demonstrated ability to tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate alternative approaches
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Practical use of UX/UI techniques (wireframe creation), Sketch, Axure, Invision, Illustrator.
- Demonstrated ability to lead / work with cross functional teams (Design, Development, Offering Management, Architects) to deliver product with exceptional user experience.
- Interest in learning about existing and emerging UI technologies.
- Helping our development teams expand the capabilities of our products and explore new technologies.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top