Design Director (San Francisco) - Bluewolf
We are Bluewolf, an IBM company. We're looking for an inventive Design Director to join our Pack. We need an "ideas person" who oozes passion and loves to think creatively, push boundaries and seek inspiration. Someone who is excited to lead our team and ready roll up his/her sleeves to jump right into meaningful design work.
Key contributions include:
- Inspire, assess and mentor a team of in-house designers and copywriters throughout the creative process
- Set and manage to a superb expectation for self and team to deliver highest standard of creative work, from an inspired start, to the last small details of finished work, that all maps to the brand vision
- Serve as a brand ambassador - ensure that the brand vision and its voice align in ways that will generate brand loyalty and deliver sales in all channels of the business
- Provide clear and constructive input to keep cohesion to the brand
- Accountability to the company calendar & deadlines, as well as the administration of team & individual project schedules
- Meet all budget and financial stewardship responsibilities
- Analyze performance data, keep team aware of what works, what doesn't and adhere to full cycle performance management of your direct reports
- Design for all mediums, including print, web, environment, interaction, etc. (i.e. signage for events/tradeshows, infographics, graphics for email campaigns, collateral pieces, business cards, web graphics, brochures, mobile apps, etc. etc.)
- Lead daily design reviews, creating strategic plans to scale brand support for our growing organization and employ tool and process changes to create efficiencies
Bluewolf, an IBM Company, is an award-winning Salesforce consulting agency that builds solutions to produce memorable customer and employee experiences. As Salesforce's longest-standing partner, we've logged over sixteen years of transformative work for companies of all sizes, and can work with you to achieve results, now. We thrive in our fast-paced environment, collaborating daily with bright individuals eager to do interesting work. We are committed to the nurturing and development of our Pack by providing a wide variety of resources, support systems and professional development programs to fuel your success. If you're interested in joining our Pack, apply today!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Necessary Skills for Success:
- Must have 5+ years of graphic design experience and a strong portfolio
- Prior experience in a Design Direction, including responsibility for leading and mentoring a team is required
- Strong project management/organization skills as well as the ability to multitask and "pivot" as needed
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills that are guided by self-discipline, personal accountability and participation
- Excellent communication skills and be receptive to feedback
- Must know Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Keynote
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top