Delivery Lead - Complex Project Manager (AI, Big Data & IoT)
The Complex Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of IBM's most innovative Cognitive, Big data analytics and Machine learning client engagements. Individuals within this specialty and skill set manage client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for complex IT, business and client requirements. This specialty is responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the client with overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including Global Delivery resources, vendors and subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
Characteristics for successful candidates would include:
- Leadership: Demonstrate passion for the business, client insight, breakthrough thinking, drive to achieve, team leadership, teamwork, decisiveness, building organizational capabilities, developing talent, and personal dedication
- Project / Business Leadership: Successfully managed large multidisciplinary teams: $3M to $5M in size ($0.5M to $5+M), 20,000 hours (3,000 hours), 20+ people. Must be a recognized positive influence among teammates and have a proven ability to lead others.
- Demonstrate master level in project planning, tracking and reporting; deliverables reflect high quality standards and drive high client satisfaction; ability to consistently meet gross profit targets; ability to manage high risk environments; and ability to manage cross business unit / highly complex programs.
- This specialty requires an extraordinary team leader, an astute business person, exhibit exceptional business insight, with executive/boardroom presence and outstanding judgment.
- Technology Experience: Demonstrate relevant experience in managing projects leveraging Big data analytics, Advance analytics and Complex EDW / Data lake and Machine learning technologies. Ability to understand and plan challenges and key success factors for Data and Analytics based projects
As a Complex Project Manager your responsibilities include:
Communication/Negotiation: Communicate and provide advice to other professionals, effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals. Lead or join development team in projects to deliver proposed system for client's business requirements. Communicate and negotiate effectively with client product own and client solution architects to achieve the optimal outcome for the client.
Problem Solving: Design solutions in an integrated complex and heterogeneous environments. Complete project life cycle on integration projects: analysis, design, implementation, testing, support in product development and/or service projects. Define integration architecture, make and communicate architecture decisions. Communicate customer requirements. Validate project plan and estimates. Develop high level design, detailed design, Design and prototypes. Prototyping key/most difficult concepts to reduce risk. Perform technical and development QA. Support presales process.
Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment. Design application architecture and outline component model specification for team member to implement. Provide industry insights in requirement elicitation. Respond quickly to POC activities for early assessment of solution feasibility and risks of architecture design. The applicant should be technology Evangelist in application architecture and programming.
Balance priorities to ensure client gets maximum value.
Contribution/Leadership: Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages cluster of technical practitioners. Understand department/ functional mission and vision. Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources. Utilizes technical expertise to directly influence people outside of the direct project to get the best outcome or just get things done. Innovative solutions may be required where, sometimes no precedent exists.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8 Years' experience EDW/Data Lake/ Advance Analytics/ ML or as a Complex Project Management engagements
- At least 5 Years' experience in executing large operational technical projects
- At least 5 Years' experience in managing multi-vendor working in a distributed team environment, managing offshore teams with demonstrable outcome
- At least 3 years' experience in Agile PM Methods
- At least 3 years' experience in Cloud based implementation projects
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top