Delivery Infrastructure Architect
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
Delivery Infrastructure Architect
Responsible for providing Infrastructure IT solutions across multiple technology domains including Virtualization, Server, Storage and Network. Providing IT assessment and Strategy as well as planning and maintenance of infrastructure across the organization. The role takes the requirements for the creation of new architectural solutions from the RFP or high level solution document. The role has critical interface with the senior management from IT and the business
- Designs the infrastructure strategy and applicable policies to ensure they are aligned with the business and architecture strategy.
- Forecasts and manages demand for infrastructure products and services.
- Ensure overall service delivery, and monitor / track delivered solutions to ensure fit with business requirements.
- Leads resolution of major infrastructure problems.
- Participate in business and architecture planning sessions
- Provide input to buy vs. build decisions based on architecture and business requirements
- Prepare information architecture deliverables in accordance with IT standards and methodologies and consistent with the target business architecture
- Create architecture models. Defines target architectures, standards, platforms and tools; Establishes processes and procedures to bring uniformity across the organization
- Manage overall infrastructure architecture and future technical strategy based on a broad and deep understanding of business objectives, drivers, functions, metrics, and processes.
- Defines and maintains Infrastructure Management framework; Conducts reviews to ensure project and operations align to the Infrastructure Management framework, standards, policies and procedures; Sizes infrastructure components for volume and performance per business SLAs; Defines volume and performance tests and performance monitoring and tuning
- Identifies and assesses emerging tools, technologies and methodologies that could be introduced into the organization's environment; Develops opinions on the risks and benefits of new technologies and how they may or may not be leveraged by the organization
- Defines and maintains Information Security Management framework; Conducts reviews to ensure projects and operations align and adhere to the Information Security Management framework, standards, policies and procedures
- Develops strategy and plans for use of technologies across the enterprise; Manages process to ensure alignment between proposed projects and business strategy; Assesses existing technologies to ensure applicability and acceptability to the organization
- Provides consultation and advice to teams allowing the successful selection among architectural options to best meet business needs
- Capacity planning according to business needs
- Stay aware of stakeholders satisfaction and implement corrective actions when needed
- Establish strong working relationships with other architects
- Participate in and support cross architecture process improvement initiatives
- Participate in Architecture / Engineering working groups, and ensure that the organization is aligned to corporate technology/application directions
- Share / leverage successful products, processes and best practices across technology
- Refine and enhance architecture methodologies and / or standards
- Ensure documentation is captured in a document management system; publicize deliverable location to the organization as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years' experience in Networking, storage, servers, performance engineering, systems engineering and site engineering
- At least 7 years' experience in Operating systems and Systems software
- At least 10 years' experience in Developing and implementing infrastructure architecture
- At least 5 years' experience in application of sourcing methodologies and operating models, dealing with professional services firms and leading large infrastructure outsourcing agreements
- English: Fluent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's degree in Engineering / Technology / Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Certification in TOGAF/Zachman, and FEAF, DODAF, COBIT, ITIL a plus
- Total 12-15 years relevant professional experience
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture, operations and business processes
- Good understanding of re-engineering or process improvement, leading and coaching quality improvement projects that result in infrastructural changes
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Information Technology - At least 9 years' experience in Networking, storage, servers, performance engineering, systems engineering and site engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top