Delievery Project Executive (DPE)
BM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
We bring our global industrial-strength Application Management capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud and mobile-powered Enterprise Application and Systems Integration skills. The integration of DevOps Innovation Services and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.
The Delivery Project Executive (DPE) ensures client needs are satisfied by constructing partnerships between the Project Office, clients, vendors, and subcontractor organizations, and managing the implementation of these partnerships to ensure positive customer satisfaction. They build client satisfaction through formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of application, technical, and business solutions, responding to client requirements as specified in the contract or Statement of Work (SOW). They work with the delivery organization as a primary point of contact for client needs requirements and expectations with regard to assigned IBM team operations.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Primary contact for the Project Executive (PE) on service delivery and support the PE in identifying growth opportunities and contract profitability
- Responsible for managing the approved budget (for cost for service delivery) and for the quality results in his area of responsibility
- Manage projects/programs
- Responsible for contract Service Level Agreements/Objectives (SLA/SLO)s
- Major contribution to overall client satisfaction for delivery organization
- Address performance in troubled service line/units to achieve productivity objectives
- Proactively manage business controls (audit readiness)
- Provide input of key documents into project/account repositories
- Global delivery - leverage across organizations, competencies, and geographies
- Responsible to achieve SLAs, handle incidents, control and report consumption, manage cost, people working for and assigned to the account (Claim), service activations and deactivation
- Manages backup / recovery plans, disaster backup scenarios, capacity management, security and risk management, communication with the client and business compliance to IBM internal rules and guidance
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Act with integrity in all matters. Detailed understanding of claim structure and staffing needs globally for the account that drives the cost and efficiencies.
- Proactively manage business controls (audit readiness). Controls & Compliance - Maintain strong business control posture, be audit-ready at all times. Ensure zero tolerance for violations of the IBM Business Conduct Guidelines and applicable government law; reinforce employee awareness of reporting channels for violations.
- Manage projects/programs. Expert level knowledge is required across PM methodologies, emerging technologies and technical solutions pertaining to client needs. DPEs must have the vision and ability to influence their client's actions.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top