Decision Optimization - QA Engineer
IBM Decision Optimization Center provides an enterprise-scale platform for developing and deploying highly effective optimization-based analytical planning and scheduling solutions for business decision-makers across various industries.
Decision Optimization Center-based applications provide all the features that you need to take full advantage of optimization technology.
Applications that are built with Decision Optimization Center help users to create, compare, and understand planning or scheduling scenarios. They can adjust any of the model inputs or goals, and fully understand the binding constraints, trade-offs, sensitivities, and business options.
To support these functionalities, Decision Optimization Center is composed of :
- DOCenter Studio (Planning cockpit) - based on Swing:
- A graphical user interface (GUI) with which the business user can create plans and work interactively with the optimization.
- DOCenter Enterprise IDE - based on Eclipse:
- An integrated development environment (IDE) that supports development of the application.
- DOCenter Enterprise Data server (scenario repository) :
- A database that stores planning data (input data, optimization parameters, results, other information) corresponding to one or more scenarios. The scenarios, or cases, represent potential variations of the underlying business problem.
- DOCenter Enterprise Optimization Server/Engine (An optimization computation engine) :
- A managed environment that takes care of the optimization computation.
- Design and develop test cases and perform test execution to meet high quality standards and key milestones.
- Design and develop automation test scripts, maintain and enhance the automation framework.
- Work with development team to debug/verify the defects and drive resolutions.
- Test results analysis, reporting and tracking.
- Identify concerns and potential problem areas.
- Think creatively to improve team productivity and efficiency.
- Seek out innovative ideas & make recommendations upon evaluation and exploration of new tools and processes. Ensure effective and optimal administration & evolution of existing tools.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Java and/or Python programming and testing
- Cloud development or testing experience (REST, devops)
- Basic OS administration including Linux and Windows
- Some knowledge of Application Servers / J2EE
- Some knowledge of Database
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and quick learner
- Ability to work in a globally distributed teams, and communicate effectively with remote developers and engineering team members
- Fluency in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Some experience of build tools such as Ant and Maven.
- Some experience of test frameworks such JUnit, Rational Functional Tester, etc.
- Understanding of continuous integration, software development process and cycles
- Understanding of QA methodology, software development process and cycles
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top