Decision Optimization - L3 / Backend Engineer
The Decision Optimization Center team is seeking an experienced, well rounded, Software Engineer to contribute to the support and maintenance of this product.
IBM Decision Optimization Center provides an enterprise-scale platform for developing and deploying highly effective optimization-based analytical planning and scheduling solutions for business decision-makers across various industries.
Decision Optimization Center-based applications provide all the features that you need to take full advantage of optimization technology.
Applications that are built with Decision Optimization Center help users to create, compare, and understand planning or scheduling scenarios. They can adjust any of the model inputs or goals, and fully understand the binding constraints, trade-offs, sensitivities, and business options.
To support these functionalities, Decision Optimization Center is composed of :
- DOCenter Studio (Planning cockpit) - based on Swing:
- A graphical user interface (GUI) with which the business user can create plans and work interactively with the optimization.
- DOCenter Enterprise IDE - based on Eclipse:
- An integrated development environment (IDE) that supports development of the application.
- DOCenter Enterprise Data server (scenario repository) :
- A database that stores planning data (input data, optimization parameters, results, other information) corresponding to one or more scenarios. The scenarios, or cases, represent potential variations of the underlying business problem.
- DOCenter Enterprise Optimization Server/Engine (An optimization computation engine) :
- A managed environment that takes care of the optimization computation.
- Track list of customers impediments
- Reproduce and troubleshoot customers issues
- Coordinate with L2 team (support level 2)
- Coordinate with Development team when needed
- Deliver interim fixes
- Report to management on Support KPIs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Java/J2EE programming
- Good knowledge of Application Server (such as WAS, WAS Liberty)
- Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and quick learner
- Ability to work in a globally distributed teams, and communicate effectively with remote developers and engineering team members
- Fluency in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Good knowledge of Web Services, Rest API, OSGi
- Some knowledge of Database (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- French is a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top