Database Administrator/ System Administrator
- Reston, VA
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has an immediate need for a Senior Oracle Applications DBA to support implementation project in the initiation through deployment phases and facilitate an effective transition of DBA activities to O&M production staff in a complex environment which includes Oracle applications R12.2.x, Oracle Single Sign-on, OBIEE/OBIA, web services/SOA, Oracle GRC, OEM, Markview and Sunflower and other customer specific, Oracle database-based applications. You'll be responsible for day to day Oracle Apps DBA activities as well as support to special projects including new installs, patching, upgrades and external application rehosting migrations. You'll also work cooperatively with functional and technical staff, manage service level agreements related to DBA activities including timelines and deliverables.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Ability to perform installation and upgrade of applications, databases, and tools including patching of technology stack and databases.
- Ability to apply database and application performance tuning techniques for keeping all environments at optimal performance.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and SLAs related to creation and cloning of application and database environments including assignments for special projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide knowledge sharing to DBA team.
- Willing to recommend improvements to processes and procedures to increase productivity, reduce maintenance cycles, and improve quality delivery.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is created and maintained for projects and operational procedures.
- Ability to perform patching tasks for keeping all environments current with vendor patches.
- Able to provide on-call support to production environments including weekend support.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Active Public Trust security clearance.
- Participate and provide support to testing activities for projects and monthly maintenance.
- Perform software change configuration management functions through program standard tools to deploy approved changes to applications and database environments.
- Support and maintain password resets for server and database accounts.
- Work with Hosting Service provider for server, storage, network, and firewall requirements.
- Created and maintain UNIX Shell scripts for automation of Oracle RMAN backup and recovery, and cloning of applications and database instances, monitoring etc.
- Ability to perform cloning of application and database instances utilizing Oracle's Rapid Clone methodology, Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager), and Oracle RAC.
- Ability to support and maintain backup and recovery activities and processes utilizing Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager).
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top