Database Administrator - L3 Support
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are :-
• You will be performing installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning
• You should have knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Database administration
What you'll do:
- Install server software
- Configure database servers
- Monitor and maintain system health and security
- Design backup processes for server and associated data
- Create accounts for all users and assign security levels
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance
- Create database management procedures
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures and participate in company's cross-training program
How we'll help you grow: -
You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience of Database administration.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Proven knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Proven experience in implementation of DB related scripts/jobs.
- Proven exposure with SQL DB2, Data Stages and CDC, Shell Scripting
- Proven experience in Oracle Database Administration on production databases with Oracle releases 10g/ 11g
- Position requires proficiency in Backup and Recovery, Database Administration.
- Proven experience in Implementation skills on DB2LUW (Scrum, Jira, Bitbucket, Atlassian, Sprint), HDFS, Hadoop, MongoDB on AWS Cloud, Linux. R / Tableau, Postgresql, Pivotal Greenplum databases
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Proven experience with MySQL and MSSQL
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance Automation of routine procedures.
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on call engineer rotation, supporting our core services.
- Maintain the service level agreement of all the operational incidents
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top