At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has an immediate need for a Senior Oracle Applications DBA to support implementation project in the initiation through deployment phases. You'll facilitate an effective transition of DBA activities to O&M production staff in a complex environment which includes Oracle applications R12.2.x, Oracle Single Sign-on, OBIEE/OBIA, web services/SOA, Oracle GRC, OEM, Markview and Sunflower and other customer specific, Oracle database-based applications. You'll be responsible for day to day Oracle Apps DBA activities as well as support to special projects including new installs, patching, upgrades and external application rehosting migrations. You'll also work cooperatively with functional and technical staff, manage service level agreements related to DBA activities including timelines and deliverables.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Active Public Trust clearance.
- Experience providing technical support in the area of database administration, specifically focusing on technology, strategy and operations of Oracle apps R12.2, Sunflower, Oracle GRC, Oracle Single sign on, OBIEE and related bolt ons and underlying technologies.
- Experience with Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC), Oracle 12c Database, and Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2.x.
- Experience providing technical services on a wide range of database technologies running on UNIX Solaris and Windows platforms to ensure operational excellence.
- Experience performing installation and upgrade of applications, databases, and tools including patching of technology stack and databases.
- Experience applying database and application performance tuning techniques for keeping all environments at optimal performance.
- Recommend improvements to processes and procedures to increase productivity, reduce maintenance cycles, and improve quality delivery.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience providing appropriate documentation is created and maintained for projects and operational procedures.
- Experience performing patching tasks for keeping all environments current with vendor patches.
- Ability to comply with and follow the program's software configuration management and change control process for all system level changes.
- Experience supporting and maintaining backup and recovery activities and processes utilizing Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager).
- Experience cloning of application and database instances utilizing Oracle's Rapid Clone methodology, Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager), and Oracle RAC.
- Provide on-call support to production environments including weekend support.
- Participate and provide support to testing activities for projects and monthly maintenance.
- Experience performing software change configuration management functions through program standard tools to deploy approved changes to applications and database environments.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top